Sunday, May 6, 2012

Colonial Week Costume

Is it Colonial week already?  This is THE school event that I dread.  2 years ago, when Z had his Colonial week, I was informed the night before to fry enough Indian blue cornmeal sticks for 60 kids.  I was still in the kitchen at 11pm.  Arrr.
 This year, F was kind enough to tell me what was needed the week before and allowed me to have the full weekend sewing her colonial costume.  Seriously, I’d rather be sewing than cooking.
Luckily, I had a pattern ready.  F will be wearing a black T and my old high school black skirt (which, after so many years, was finally in the donation bag, but rescued for this project).
All I needed to do was to sew the cap, the collar and an apron.  Surprisingly, I was doing some speed sewing and finished in two nights.  
I will make sure to keep this costume so that when JJ’s colonial week comes in a few years, I will be able to relax and sip my tea.
deb signature Follow TingTingMamMa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow TingTingMamMa