Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tutorial: Detachable Pin Cushion for Sewing Machine

Martha has posted a wraparound pin cushion project for the sewing machine. I want one, I need one!  However, my sewing machine does not have much “neck” for me to wrap anything around.  What to do?  What to do?  It calls for one of those “aha” moments.

I had made a wrist pin cushion awhile back.  But I was so afraid to poke myself while wearing it, I decided it’s time to dispose it and make better use of the cushion.
I found a long piece of felt ribbon to attach to the cushion.

Wrap the felt ribbon around the "neck" of sewing machine to determine where to cut.  (note that my ribbon goes on top of the cushion.  I later use a pin to secure the ribbon on cushion.)  Sew snaps on.  No biggie.
  
  Martha, thanks for the inspiration!

deb signature
Follow TingTingMamMa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow TingTingMamMa