Friday, June 14, 2013

DIY Western Stamps

This year, the VBS theme is western.  That's why my mind has been preoccupied with country thoughts.  I have stopped by thrift stores often and found a couple of stuffed animals that I could use in the classroom.  Horses, a cow, and a snake (for the Moses' story).  The best one yes was a 2' toy horse for under $5!  But I still could not find any western stamps.

Went to the craft store and got some foam stickers in the shapes of boot, horse, horse she, cowboy hat, and cactus.  To turn them into stamps is the easiest thing.  Peel off backings and stick on a wooden block (or acrylic blocks).  I had JJ tested the stamps and found that three layers of the same foam shape for the stamps would get the best stamp image.  Easy peasy!
deb signature Follow TingTingMamMa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow TingTingMamMa