Saturday, May 11, 2013

Beautiful Christine

Christine went to be with the Lord last April.  My letter to her upon the news remained as draft until today, perhaps I was still not quite ready to say that good-bye.  Now, Christine, this is for you.
============================
Beautiful Christine,

It was God's divine appointment that we met and grew to know each other through the Sunday school class.  Whenever our eyes met across the room, you'd give me the sweetest smile and whisper a hi.

Thank you for your genuine sharing and transparency.  You and D's faithfulness to the Lord and to each other was a beautiful testimony.  It caused me to look at myself and ask if I have the same commitment in my marriage.  You two did not allow the hardship you faced steal the strength and joy God gave you.  in the midst of your pain, you still smiled brightly.  It was evident that God was your anchor.

When you and D announced your engagement, my heart sang with joy.  The phrase "happily ever after" rang in my head that entire day.  I pictured you in your white wedding gown walking down the aisle toward your groom.

Our class had just scheduled to visit you in three days when Ester's last update of you came in the inbox.  I lost words in my prayers.  I was not ready to let you go, either.

Our God always knows best.  He sees you and He knows you.  His love for you is so high, so long, so deep and so wide.  Being in His everlasting presence is the best place to be.  You are now living the happily ever after.

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes.  There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."   
                                                                                                                --Revelation 21:4

With teary eyes, I am saying my temporary good-bye.  But I am looking forward to seeing you again with your twinkling eyes, sweet smile and that whisper of hi to greet me.  Say hi to Jesus for the class.  We will see you again soon.

lots of love and many hugs,
debbie

deb signature Follow TingTingMamMa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow TingTingMamMa