Sunday, April 29, 2012

Learning From A Child's Faith


Recently, I have noticed that whenever I was in pain (like a few weeks ago when the wok lid hit and bruised my toe), or emotionally down (like when I heard a friend passed away last week), JJ would ask, “Mommy, are you ok?” And as soon as I described my situation, JJ would disappear from the scene for a good minute or so before coming back to me with tissues. 

 I was very curious what she was up to that I followed her one morning after telling her that I had twisted my wrist.  Like always, she ran away.  Then I found her kneeling down, sandwiched her face in her little hands, lowering her head in her room praying.  

When she was done praying, our eyes met.  She asked the same questions she’s always asked, “Mommy, are you better now?”  I rotated my wrist, remembering how she had cast her care on Jesus through prayer, I smiled and nodded my head.  My wrist was hurting less and my heart was warmed by her pure faith.  With a beaming smile, she answered me, “Of course you are better!  I have prayed for you.”

JJ has reminded me of the passage in Matthew 18:3, “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” 

JJ’s trust for the Lord is so honest and pure. She firmly believes that God answers prayers.  She has demonstrated to me what faith looks like.  Pray and believe that God has heard it and wait patiently for His work to be accomplished.    
deb signature Follow TingTingMamMa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow TingTingMamMa