Friday, September 23, 2011

Dress for Joplin

This is the dress I made for the Joplin project.
I had the choice of sewing a dress for 5 year olds, 7 year olds and 10 year olds.   From my experience packing shoe boxes for the Operation Christmas Child, most people would choose younger children.  Being mindful of this fact, I chose to sew for a 10 year old girl.

I went to the craft night with the floral fabric and without a T-shirt.  Unfortunately, when I got there, they were all out of girls’ T.  The event coordinator had a few boys’ T for me to choose from. And, fortunately, there was this mustard color T that matched my floral fabric perfectly!  Praise the Lord!  It all worked out.  
One little thing that I did not consider was the amount of gathering for a size 10 3-tier skirt.  I was gathering like crazy!  At the end, I took the dress home to assemble it.  Before the night ended, I thought something was still missing from the dress.  So I stenciled a strawberry (to match the floral print of the skirt) on the T with a bit of sparkles.  
Really pray to make a young girl smile on her 1st day of school.
Follow TingTingMamMa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow TingTingMamMa